Monday, March 7, 2011

The Marketing Journey Has Begun! March 7, 2011

I thought the hard part was actually writing the book. I never thought I would ever write a book, since I can't sit still enough to fill out a magazine subscription. But I felt compelled to write my book, Rising Sunsets, since I had the story inside of me for so long. So after a few years of writing, editing, searching for an agent or publisher, I finally decided to self publish. Now that my book is available, the marketing process has begun. And it has been very educational. Here are a couple of things that I have learned:
1) I have discovered the world of social media and social networking. Who knew Facebook and Twitter were so helpful in getting things publicized?
2) I am not afraid of cold calling and having someone hang up on me. Since the book deals with a young American who travels to Japan to teach English to school children, I have been contacting the Japanese American Societies around the US to help publicize it. And many of them have been extremely helpful and receptive to the idea.
So, here is the start of my journey and I will be providing updates, reflecting on the past, and anxiously awaiting what the future holds.
I hope you all enjoy it and will be inclined to share your thoughts and comments.
Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment